Cracked Tooth Repair
A cracked tooth can be a painful and debilitating experience. At Enhance Dental at Heritage, we are dedicated to providing comprehensive and effective solutions for all your dental needs, including cracked tooth repair. Our team of experienced dental professionals offers high-quality general dentistry services, designed to keep your smile healthy and beautiful. Whether you’re suffering from cracked tooth pain or other dental problems, we are here to help.
Understanding Cracked Teeth
A cracked tooth is a common dental issue that occurs when a tooth cracks or breaks, usually due to injury, biting on hard objects, or excessive wear and tear. Cracks can range from minor to severe and can cause a range of symptoms, including pain, sensitivity, and difficulty chewing. If left untreated, a cracked tooth can lead to more serious dental problems, such as infection, gum disease, and tooth loss.
Symptoms of Cracked Teeth
If you suspect you have a cracked tooth, it is important to seek dental treatment as soon as possible. Some common symptoms of cracked teeth include:
- Pain or sensitivity when biting or chewing
- Pain when consuming hot or cold foods or drinks
- A sharp, sudden pain in the tooth or surrounding area
- A visible crack or chip in the tooth
- Swelling or tenderness in the gums
- Difficulty chewing or speaking
- Diagnosing Cracked Teeth
At Enhance Dental at Heritage, we use the latest technology and techniques to accurately diagnose and treat cracked teeth. During your consultation, our dental professionals will perform a thorough examination of your mouth, teeth, and gums to determine the extent of the crack and the best course of action. We may also take X-rays or use other diagnostic tools to get a better view of the inside of your tooth.
Treatment Options for Cracked Teeth
- Dental Bonding: Dental bonding is a minimally invasive procedure that uses a resin material to repair minor cracks or chips in the tooth. This procedure is quick, painless, and can be completed in a single appointment.
- Dental Crowns: A dental crown is a custom-made cap that fits over the damaged tooth, providing protection and restoring its shape, size, and function. Crowns are typically recommended for larger cracks or when a significant portion of the tooth is missing.
- Root Canal Therapy: If the crack extends into the root of the tooth, root canal therapy may be necessary to remove the infected or damaged tissue and prevent further damage to the tooth.
- Extraction: In some cases, if the crack is too severe to be repaired, extraction may be the best course of action. Our dental professionals will discuss this option with you and recommend the best course of action for your individual needs.
If you’re located in Wake Forest or the surrounding areas, Enhance Dental at Heritage is the trusted source for all your dental needs, including cracked tooth repair. Choose a trusted dental practice that truly prioritizes its patients. Contact us for any questions or to schedule an appointment.